Roger D. Mellem successfully prosecutes, defends and resolves tough securities, real estate and other commercial cases on behalf of businesses and individuals, and serves as a mediator and arbitrator as well. Roger’s litigation practice focuses on securities litigation and real estate litigation, particularly complex matters.
He defends and resolves governmental investigations, and disciplinary or enforcement actions, before the SEC, FINRA and the State of Washington DFI Securities Division and State Board of Accountancy. He also prosecutes, defends and resolves non-solicitation and trade secret disputes, securities arbitration actions and real estate disputes.
Roger has received intensive mediator training and is available to help resolve broker-dealer/customer, securities, non-competition, real estate and other civil disputes and would be pleased to do so. As a former federal law clerk who has decided many cases as an arbitrator, he is also available for engagement as a neutral or party-appointed arbitrator.
- University of Oregon
- Yale University, Yale Law School
- The Evergreen State College
- University of Oregon Honors College
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Foster Pepper PLLC: Chair, Securities and Complex Litigation Group, 2001-06;
- State of Washington/Washington State Investment Board – Special Assistant
- Honorable Owen M. Panner, United States District Judge, Portland, Oregon
COMMUNITY & PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES:
- Member, Governance Committee, The Mountaineers, 2018
- Yale University, School of Forestry and Environmental Studies – Member, Leadership Council, 2001-present
- Washington Wild – Board President, 2012-2015; Member, Board of Directors, 2009-2016; Board Member Emeritus, 2016-present
- American Alpine Club – Member, Host Committee, National Dinner, 2011 & 2017
Rate : $$$