Roger Warin, chair emeritus of Steptoe, has for more than 30 years successfully handled a wide range of complex commercial litigation, appearing in courts throughout the United States as well as in various arbitral forums. For more than two decades, he has been lead counsel in representing insurers in numerous major nationwide insurance coverage and reinsurance disputes involving hurricane, financial products, event cancellation, pharmaceutical and medical device claims, professional liability, asbestos, toxic substances, and environmental claims.
His cases have also involved securities fraud, the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), libel, trademark, products liability, directors’ and officers’ liability, voting rights, employment discrimination, attorneys’ fees, First Amendment, legal malpractice and other professional liability, negligence, real estate, surety, construction, environmental, toxic tort, and insurance coverage claims.
He has represented dozens of national law firms in defense of legal malpractice and professional negligence claims and in connection with a wide range of attorneys’ fees disputes. Roger is recognized as one of the leading legal malpractice defense lawyers in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Roger is also a successful appellate advocate, having argued more than 20 cases in various federal circuit courts of appeals and state supreme courts. Roger is a frequent lecturer and author on insurance and reinsurance coverage disputes, legal malpractice claims, commercial litigation, and attorneys’ fees litigation.
- Chair of Board, Attorneys’ Liability Assurance Society (2014-2016)
- Board Member, Attorneys’ Liability Assurance Society (2008-2016)
- Board Member, Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Litigation Section and Tort and Insurance Practice Section, American Bar Association
- Board Member, Council for Court Excellence
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1970
- A.B., Creighton University, 1967, cum laude
Rate : $$$