Roger L. Nicholson has provided commercial and transactional legal advice to energy companies and other businesses for more than 25 years. Mr. Nicholson’s extensive knowledge of the energy industry has been developed from his experience as general counsel of two publicly traded mining companies, as well as representing numerous energy companies as outside counsel over the years.
Mr. Nicholson previously served as Senior Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel at International Coal Group, Inc. (ICG). Prior to his post at ICG, Mr. Nicholson served as Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel of Massey Energy Company and in various roles at Arch Mineral Corporation (now Arch Coal, Inc.).
- Represented energy companies in the public offering of stock on the New York Stock Exchange
- Represented production companies and land owners in negotiating and drafting coal, oil and gas leases, stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, and other commercial transactions
- Represented coal producers and customers in negotiating and drafting coal supply contracts
- Served as arbitrator and counsel in commercial disputes, particularly coal and materials supply disputes, lease disputes and other commercial issues
- Served as crisis management counsel for major energy companies, including leading and coordinating legal and risk management response on a substantial environmental spill and a serious mine explosion
- J.D. University of Kentucky
- B.A. Georgetown College
- University of Kentucky College of Law Professional Achievement Award (2015)
- Trustee at Large, Energy and Mineral Law Foundation
- Board of Directors, Kentucky Coal Association (2013-2016)
- Board of Directors, Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences of West Virginia
Rate : $$$$