Roger Kobert is a senior trial attorney in our Litigation Division and the chairman of our International Law Group. He has vast local, national, and international experience solving problems: negotiating, investigating, litigating, trying, arbitrating, and appealing disputes for individuals, businesses, and governments, with an emphasis on cross-border counseling and advocacy.
Roger has also served as a U.S. law expert witness in foreign court proceedings, advised foreign governments on matters of U.S. law, and led multi-national and district dispute resolution teams.
His cases have involved private banking, shareholders and partnerships, contracts, fraud, foreign sovereign immunities, securities, real estate, franchises, professional liability, environmental law, investment fraud, antitrust, class actions, injunctions, garnishment, aviation, healthcare, landlord-tenant, business transactions, intellectual property, litigation funding, interpleader, § 1782 cases, creditors’ rights, insurance coverage, products liability, administrative law, lobbying, directors’ & officers’ liability, labor and employment, and telecommunications.
Roger has tried or arbitrated dozens of cases to verdict or award, and led many appeals, in state and federal courts across the U.S., as well as administrative agencies and alternative dispute resolution panels. In addition to his case work, Roger is active in the International Law Sections of the Federal Bar Association and the American Bar Association, plus several local community activities.
- University of Miami, JD, 1988
- University of Pennsylvania, BA, Political Science, 1985
- The Florida Bar
- International Law Section
- Trial Lawyers Section
- American Bar Association
- International Law Section: Deputy Chair, Fall 2009 Section Meeting; International Litigation Committee; International Mediation Committee; International Ethics Committee; Europe Committee; Latin American & Caribbean Committee
- Litigation Section: Commercial & Business Litigation Committee, International Litigation Committee, and Securities Litigation Committee
- Federal Bar Association
- Chairman of the Federal Bar Association’s International Law Section for 2018-2019
- International Law Section. Vice Chair, 2017-18; Treasurer, 2016-17, 2015-16
Rate : $$$$