Roger D. Strode is a partner and health care business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP where his practice focuses on health care business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, corporate restructurings, and joint ventures, general corporate matters and health care regulation.
His experience includes the representation of institutional health care providers (hospitals, health systems and integrated delivery systems), large physician groups, specialty providers (ASC development organizations), health care private equity firms and industry consultants. Roger is a member of the firm’s Health Care Industry Team.
Roger has participated as lead counsel in numerous health care and corporate transactions, including the purchase and sale, or transfer of sponsorship of hospitals, health systems, physician practices, and health maintenance organizations; the formation of specialty hospitals; and the formation of ancillary services joint ventures.
Representative Experience :
- Represented Healthcare Partners Investments, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, in connection with a majority investment in HPI by a joint venture company owned by United Surgical Partners and Integris Health
- Represented InSight Telepsychiatry in connection with the recapitalization of InSight by Harbour Point Capital
- Represented Northeast Dermatology Associates, a large platform practice, in connection with the recapitalization of NEDA by Ontario Teachers Pension Plan and Century Equity Partners
- Represented South Shore Dermatology in connection with the recapitalization of SSD by Phynet
- Represented The Dermatology Group, a large platform practice, in a recapitalization transaction with Riverside Companies
- Represented Indiana University Health in the formation of a joint ventured de novo health system in Fort Wayne, IndianaRepresented HonorHealth in the acquisition of the medical oncology and hematology practice of Arizona Center for Cancer CareRepresented Indiana University Health in the sale of Indiana University Health La Porte and Stark Hospitals to a joint venture company owned by Indiana University Health and Community Health Systems
- Represented Edward Health Services Corporation, the parent of Edward Hospital and Linden Oaks Hospital, Naperville, Illinois, in its merger with Elmhurst Memorial Hospital, the parent of Elmhurst Memorial Hospital, Elmhurst, Illinois
- Represented Scottsdale Healthcare, the parent of Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center, Scottsdale Healthcare Shea Medical Center and Scottsdale Healthcare Peak Medical Center in its merger with John C. Lincoln Health Network, the parent of Deer Valley and North Mountain Hospitals in the formation of Honor Health
- Participated as lead counsel in numerous health care and corporate transactions, including the purchase and sale, or transfer of sponsorship of hospitals, health systems, physician practices, and health maintenance organizations; the formation of specialty hospitals; and the formation of ancillary services joint ventures
Roger earned his J.D. from Marquette Law School (cum laude, 1988), and his B.S. from Illinois State University (1984).
Admissions and Professional Memberships :
He is admitted to practice in Illinois and is a member of the Illinois Bar Association and the American Bar Association (Health Law and Corporate Law Sections) where he served as a vice chair of the Business Transactions Group.
Rate : $$$$