Roger Bivans is a seasoned lawyer focused on strategic transactions, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, carve-out and joint venture transactions, US and global capital markets transactions, securities regulation and corporate governance matters and general commercial transactions.
He is a member of the Firm’s Energy, Mining & Infrastructure Industry Group and recognized by Chambers USA for Corporate/M&A. A frequent speaker on securities regulation, he is the current Dallas/Fort Worth chapter president of the Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals and moderator of the DFW Securities Law Discussion Group.
Mr. Bivans previously served as a surface warfare officer in the United States Navy. Mr. Bivans focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions for multinational and US public and private companies, capital raising transactions, securities regulations and corporate governance, and corporate finance transactions.
His clients cover a wide variety of industries, including energy, infrastructure, consulting, telecommunications and venture capital/private equity.
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D. with Honors) (1996)
- U.S. Naval Academy (B.S. Ocean Engineering with Distinction) (1988)
- New York~United States (2010)
- Texas~United States (1996)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas – Member
- Phi Delta Phi – Member
- New York State Bar Association – Member
- Dallas Bar Association – Member
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals – President of Dallas/Fort Worth Chapter
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented Ramboll Gruppen A/S, a Danish engineering consulting company, in connection with its acquisition of ENVIRON Holdings, Inc., a US-based environmental consulting firm with operations in over 15 countries.
- Represented Quest Diagnostics, an NYSE-listed laboratory services company, in connection with the sale of its Focus Products business unit to DiaSorin S.p.A. and certain affiliates.
- Represented Rimrock Midstream, a Dallas-based midstream energy company, in connection with the sale of its ownership interest in the Grand Mesa Pipeline Joint Venture.
- Represented Jefferson Refinery and affiliated Houston-based petroleum infrastructure company in connection with the sale of its businesses to an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group.
Rate : $$$