Rom P. Watson concentrates his practice on international tax issues, and serves as the co-head of the firm’s International practice group. Rom has extensive experience in the international tax area, working with investment funds, multinational companies, global investors, and financial institutions.
He focuses on the tax issues raised by cross-border fund formation, financial products, transfer pricing, and multinational transactions. From 1988 through 1991, Rom practiced in the Office of Tax Policy at the U.S. Department of the Treasury where he was appointed Associate International Tax Counsel.
- JD, University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 1983
- AB, Stanford University, 1979; Phi Beta Kappa
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 1985
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- American Bar Associations
- Boston Bar Association
- International Fiscal Association
- International Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES :
- Frequent lecturer at tax conferences and seminars, including the Tax Executives Institute, the American Bar Association Section of Taxation, the International Bar Association, the World Trade Institute, and the Practicing Law Institute
- IFA, New England Regional Council Member
- Former Co-Chair of the BBA International Tax Committee
Rate : $$$