Romaine Marshall is a business litigation and trial attorney. He has represented a variety of companies in state and federal courts nationwide and has been lead counsel in numerous jury trials. In 2017, he obtained successful outcomes in three complex business cases involving juries that included breach of contract, trade secret misappropriation, negligence, and fraud claims.
Romaine also specializes in cybersecurity and privacy law. He has been lead counsel on more than fifty cases involving data breaches, ransomware, dedicated denial of service attacks (DDoS), phishing scams, wire fraud, social engineering, and other exploits. Romaine has also represented and advised companies in disputes involving emerging technologies.
He frequently presents on cybersecurity issues addressing industry and regulatory compliance, risk, vendor management, and corporate governance. Romaine leads H&H’s Hi-Tech Hub which analyzes the implications of emerging technologies and their intersection with business laws, including cybersecurity and privacy.
Prior to joining Holland & Hart, Romaine was a judicial law clerk for the Honorable J. Thomas Greene for the U.S. Federal District Court in Utah.
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D.
- Waikato University School of Law, New Zealand, Visiting Law Student
- Brigham Young University, B.S.
Bar Admissions : Utah
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Utah Bar Association Office of Professional Conduct, Ethics and Disciplinary Committee Member
- Utah State Bar, Litigation Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Rate : $$$