Trial lawyer Roman M. Silberfeld has an impressive record of courtroom success across many challenging disciplines in the field of complex civil litigation. Mr. Silberfeld’s trial and appellate experience includes business and high technology matters, product liability, professional negligence and mass tort litigation, with particular emphasis on multi-state, multi-party, and class action litigation.
Along with a meticulous dedication to the demands of the courtroom, Mr. Silberfeld brings an always-courteous and easygoing demeanor to his practice.
Mr. Silberfeld gained national recognition for his role as lead trial counsel in litigation brought on behalf of client Celador International, creator of the “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” game show. The case’s $269.4 million jury verdict—plus $50 million in prejudgment interest—is the largest verdict, at the time, ever obtained in a “Hollywood accounting” lawsuit.
In addition, Mr. Silberfeld has repeatedly served as the court-appointed Lead Counsel or Chair of court-appointed litigation committees in multi-party, complex litigation. Mr. Silberfeld currently serves as the firm’s National Trial Chair, a role in which he marshals those proven and effective trial strategies, tactics, and techniques to benefit the firm’s clients both in California and across the country.
Mr. Silberfeld’s court-appointed roles included:
- Lead Counsel in nationwide Gammagard blood products litigation (1996 – 2001). Litigation involved claims against a health care company for contaminated blood products resulting in the contraction of Hepatitis C.
- Chair, Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, California coordinated breast-implant litigation (1992-1997)
- Chair, Diethylstilbestrol Litigation Group (1980-1996)
- Lead Counsel, New York State Diethylstilbestrol Trials (1996)
- Lead Counsel in Los Angeles County Asbestos Litigation (1982 – 1992)
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D. (1974)
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers, Vice President
- Judicial Council Advisory Committee on Civil Jury Instructions
- Commission for Impartial Courts, Task Force on Judicial Selection and Retention Committee
- American Association for Justice
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California
Rate : $$$$