Ron S. Berenblat’s practice concentrates on shareholder activism, proxy contests, corporate and securities law matters and mergers and acquisitions. Ron has advised numerous public and private entities in a variety of industries in connection with proxy contests, hostile takeover bids and defenses and corporate governance matters.
He represents hedge funds in the preparation and filing of their Schedule 13D and Form 13F filings. He also counsels public companies on a day-to-day basis, preparing and filing their Securities Exchange Act reports and advising them on corporate governance and securities law issues.
Representative Matters :
- Advised Raging Capital in connection with the nomination of a director for election to the Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation Board of Directors.
- Advised Norman Pessin in connection with the nomination of two director nominees for election to the AltiGen Communications, Inc. Board of Directors.
- Advised Norman Pessin in connection with successful negotiation of a settlement agreement with Management Network Group, which resulted in Mr. Pessin’s nominee being appointed to the Board.
- Advised Dialectic Capital Management in connection with its election contest against Advanced Analogic, which was followed by the acquisition of Advanced Analogic by Skyworks Solutions.
- Advised LaunchEquity Partners in connection with the successful negotiation of a settlement agreement with MakeMusic, pursuant to which LaunchEquity obtained the right to designate two directors to the Board.
- Steel Partners in connection with its election contest against Gencorp. Successfully negotiated a settlement agreement with Gencorp resulting in the appointment of three Steel Partners nominees to the Board.
- Advised Steel Partners in connection with its election contest against EnPro. Successfully negotiated a settlement agreement with EnPro whereby one Steel Partners nominee was appointed to the Board.
- Advised Steel Partners in connection with a settlement agreement with Rowan, pursuant to which Rowan agreed to nominate a Steel Partners designee to the Board.
- Advised Nanes Balkany in the successful negotiation of a settlement agreement with Toreador Resources, resulting in the appointment of two Nanes Balkany nominees to the Board and termination of the company’s poison pill.
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1998
- B.A., Emory University, 1995
Bar & Court Admissions : New York, 1999
Rate : $$$$