Ron Meisler regularly represents companies experiencing financial difficulties, purchasers of and investors in distressed companies, lenders to and creditors of troubled companies and creditors’ committees in connection with all stages of complex restructurings throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and South America. Mr. Meisler’s representations of purchasers and distressed investors include:
- Black Diamond Capital Management, L.L.C. in multiple transactions, including its:
- acquisition of the assets of White Birch Paper Company as part of White Birch’s cross-border restructuring;
- acquisition of the assets of automotive supplier GST AutoLeather, Inc.; and
- secured loan to HGIM Holdings, LLC, a marine transportation company specializing in offshore supply and vessel support for deepwater operations;
- affiliates of Blackstone Capital Partners in connection with a proposed acquisition of a power company;
- Equity Group Investments LLC in connection with subordinated financings to a subsidiary of Emmis Communications Corporation and in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of MiddleBrook Pharmaceuticals, Inc.;
- Health Evolution Partners and affiliates in connection with the Chapter 11 of its portfolio company MacKeyser Holdings, LLC, including with respect to originating a DIP loan;
- Harel Insurance Investments & Financial Services Ltd. in the structure and formation of a joint venture for the $125 million acquisition of a portfolio of multifamily properties in the southeastern United States;
- second-lien lenders and certain third-lien lenders in the Chapter 11 prepackaged restructuring of Entegra Power Group, LLC;
- Silver Point Capital, L.P. in connection with multiple matters, including its secured loan to and proposed acquisition of the Standard Register Company and its secured loan to and divestiture of Nautic Global Group, Inc.;
Mr. Meisler also has extensive experience regarding the intersection of U.K. pension law and U.S. bankruptcy law, and in that regard has advised a Fortune 500 company regarding mitigation of U.K. pension regulatory risk.
He previously represented the Reader’s Digest U.K. pension trustee and the Visteon U.K. pension trustee, respectively, in each of the Reader’s Digest and Visteon Chapter 11 cases.
In addition, Mr. Meisler has extensive experience with respect to U.S.-defined benefit pension plans and has solved complex issues and negotiated resolutions with the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation in connection with numerous pension plans (both large and small).
His experience also includes advising executives and boards in connection with troubled companies, including the representation of Antonio Perez, the former CEO of Kodak, in connection with Kodak’s Chapter 11 case.
Mr. Meisler also was among the partners leading the representation of the unsecured creditors’ committee of AMR Corporation, the parent company of American Airlines, in the company’s Chapter 11 case.
Mr. Meisler repeatedly has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and The Best Lawyers in America. He also was twice named one of the country’s “Outstanding Young Restructuring Lawyers” by Turnarounds & Workouts magazine.
- J.D., The University of Michigan Law School, 1999
- M.B.A., University of Michigan, 1999
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1994
Admissions : Illinois
- Member, Turnaround Management Association (2000-Present)
- TMA Board Member (2007-Present)
- Member of TMA Board’s Executive Committee (2009-2012)
Rate : $$$