Dr. Rona Lamiquiz is an associate in the Palo Alto office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where she is a member of the patents and innovations practice. Rona’s practice focuses on strategic patent counseling and monetization in the life sciences and biotechnology industries.
In addition to patent prosecution and procurement, she has experience with intellectual property (IP) due diligence, freedom-to-operate analyses, and patent validity and infringement opinions. She also acquired IP litigation experience when she practiced as a litigator and participated in inter partes review (IPR) proceedings.
Rona has extensive knowledge relating to diverse technologies, including vaccines and antibodies, peptides sequencing and bioinformatics, biomarkers and diagnostic sciences, CRISPR-related technologies, stem cell culturing, among other technologies.
While attending law school, she worked at Pfizer as a patent intern. As a graduate student, her research focused on insulin resistance mechanisms in skeletal muscle and adipose tissue.
- J.D., Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University
- Ph.D., Molecular and Cellular Pathology School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- B.S., Agriculture, School of Agriculture, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, Jiangsu Province, China
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- State Bar of Arizona
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Not admitted in California
Rate : $$$