Attorney Ronald C. Burke has more than thirty years of experience trying a wide variety of malpractice and accident cases. Throughout his career, Mr. Burke has helped our clients obtain the compensation they deserve when injured by a medical malpractice, or in a construction, motor vehicle or premises accident.
In 2016, Mr. Burke obtained the fifth and sixth highest construction accident jury verdicts in New York State, as reported by Verdict Search, a New York Law Journal publication. He is actively involved in helping new attorneys develop and has served as Chairman of the Anatomy of a Deposition seminar since 2005, at the New York County Lawyer’s Association.
Some of Mr. Burke’s most notable cases include:
- $7,900,000 jury verdict against a neurosurgeon who negligently performed cervical fusion surgery. The surgical error resulted in the patient being partially paralyzed and totally disabled from any employment.
- $7,250,000 settlement was reached for a former New York City Corrections Officer who attempted suicide with her city issued firearm. Her suicide attempt resulted in her becoming fully paralyzed. The settlement was reached as her mental health should have precluded her from carrying a firearm, which was negligence on her employer, the City of New York.
- $5,730,000 jury verdict against New York Presbyterian Hospital for medical malpractice which resulted in a wrongful death of a stroke victim
- $5,250,000 settlement was reached during trial for a municipal worker who suffered significant injures to his ankle, which was crushed by a forklift
- $5,100,000 jury verdict against the New York City Transit Authority for a woman who suffered a partial amputation of her foot as a result of bus running over her.
- $4,500,000 jury verdict reached for a steel welder that was injured when he fell off an unsecured latter
- New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1984
- New York Law School, New York, New York, J.D.
- State University of New York, Albany, New York, B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New York State Bar Association, 1984 – Present
Rate : $$$