Ronald L. Collier has centered his practice on general business litigation, with a focus on regional and national institutional and private lenders. He has gained years of valuable experience, both in the courtroom and through using alternate methods of dispute resolution to counsel his business clients before, during, and after contentious legal issues.
Ron’s solution-driven knowledge and analytical skills directly apply when working with problem loan workouts, mortgage foreclosures, debtor/creditor disputes, and the disposition of REO assets on behalf of a commercial lending institution.
Ron has been certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a mediator and has acted in this capacity in multiple mediations. Ron makes it a practice to counsel institutional clients on various business practices to avoid circumstances that may lead to litigation. While at Suffolk University Law School, he was awarded the Alumni Fund Scholarship Award. Ron is admitted to practice before various state and federal courts.
- J.D., Suffolk University Law School, 1973
- B.S., University of Maryland, 1970
Bar and Court Admissions:
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals Third Circuit Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit Alabama
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Sarasota-Manatee Jewish Housing Council Foundation, Board of Directors
- Asolo Center for the Performing Arts in Sarasota, former Board Member
- Sarasota-Manatee Jewish Federation, Inc., former Board Member
- United Cerebral Palsy of Sarasota-Manatee, Inc., Fundraiser
Rate : $$$