Ronald Fleming represents entrepreneurs and financiers of leading startups in a diverse group of industries including software, ecommerce, cloud computing, video games, cleantech and sports.
Ron, the leader of Pillsbury’s Emerging Companies team in New York, maintains a broad-based corporate practice that encompasses securities offerings and compliance, venture capital, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate law.
He also focuses on emerging private and public companies and the technology, biotechnology and telecommunications industries.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Has represented Business Insider Inc. since formation, including incorporation, seven rounds of venture capital and its sale to Axel Springer SE.
- Represented a Fortune 500 NYSE technology company in over a dozen acquisitions in the sensor and connector segments.
- Represented the first “unicorn” in New York in its organization and six rounds of venture capital financing with proceeds of over $300M.
- Representing an internet messaging company/ASP in its IPO and follow-on convertible debt offering, over a dozen acquisitions (including two other Nasdaq-traded companies) and strategic venture investments and general securities compliance work.
- Representing an international wireless telecommunications company in its IPO, two Rule 144A high-yield debt offerings, a convertible debt placement, a debt exchange/consent solicitation and general securities compliance work.
- Representing a privately held pharmaceutical company in its sale to a publicly traded Israeli pharmaceutical company.
- Representing a public electronic connector company in its proposed acquisition of a Nasdaq-traded company, a public offering and general securities compliance work.
- Representing a broadcast software company in acquisition of a division of a public company, its first-round venture financing and various commercial and joint venture arrangements with leading media concerns.
- Representing a German internet appliance software provider in multiple strategic venture investments and in its proposed IPO.
- Representing a commercial high resolution satellite imaging company in its first-round venture financing.
- Representing a software provider in negotiating the terms of equity securities to be received in settlement of a technology ownership dispute with a major auction site.
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 1991
- B.A., Columbia University, 1991
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$