Ronald L. Fouse offers more than two decades of business and legal experience in the areas of government contracts counseling, regulatory compliance, protest and dispute resolution, and enforcement actions, for a wide range of clients operating in the federal marketplace.
Formerly general counsel of a successful company in the government services business, Ron understands the business of government contracting and brings that business perspective to his legal practice.
Ron regularly counsels clients on Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other regulatory compliance programs, ethics and business conduct training, contract management, due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, the intricacies of small business and other set-aside contracting, Service Contract Act matters, cost accounting and CAS issues, security clearance counseling, False Claims Act matters, and various other matters.
As a long-time in-house counsel, Ron has handled hundreds of internal investigations and hotline complaints, routinely interviewing employees, preparing investigation summaries, and advising senior executives of their options, including mandatory disclosure obligations that may apply.
On behalf of his clients, Ron frequently negotiates with subcontractors, prime contractors and government customers to form agreements and to resolve disputes. He also frequently represents clients before various government regulators including DCMA, DCAA, SBA, DSS and others.
He counsels clients on the formation of legal entities, including joint ventures, prepares contract novation and name change agreements in connection with merger and acquisition activities, and shepherds firms through the SBA 8(a) certification process.
Ron has successfully handled protests before the GAO and the SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals as both a protester and an intervenor. He also represents clients in mediations and arbitrations, and has litigated claims before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals and the Court of Federal Claims.
Ron began his career with the Office of General Counsel of the Navy as a trial lawyer, and later served as associate counsel to the Naval Air Systems Command. After leaving government service, Ron worked in house in the technology, defense and aerospace fields, before being named general counsel of a government services provider in the Washington, D.C., metro area.
- Successfully negotiated a termination settlement proposal for a major contractor resulting in a multi-million dollar recovery for the client without the need for costly litigation.
- Represented a small business at the Court of Federal Claims related to patent infringement claims against the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Negotiated an advance agreement with DCMA allowing a client to recover more than $6 million in indirect costs previously questioned by DCAA.
- Led an internal investigation involving the treatment of health insurance premium costs under the Cost Accounting Standards for a large government contractor.
- Successfully brought suit in the Court of Federal Claims on behalf of client, resulting in reversal of a government decision to refuse to exercise an option on a multi-award schedule contract.
- Washington University School of Law, JD, 1991
- Duke University, BA, Political Science, 1988
Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Maryland Bar Association
- Member, Missouri Bar Association
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
Rate : $$$$