Ronald G. Franklin is a lifelong Houstonian who was licensed to practice law in 1976 following completion of his undergraduate and legal education at the University of Texas. During his first year of practice, he tried more than 10 cases to a final jury verdict. Soon thereafter, he founded his own firm that focused on complex business litigation and personal injury matters.
Now, with over 35 years of experience, he has tried or been involved in virtually every kind of business or personal injury case including, securities, contract, business torts, products liability, libel and slander, legal malpractice, ERISA, labor and employment, and more. He has been Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law for over 25 years.
Ron has obtained jury verdicts in both state and federal courts on behalf of commercial, libel and personal injury clients; and defense verdicts on behalf of Fortune 100 companies, including ExxonMobil.
He has now tried some 100 cases to final jury verdicts, including securities, lender liability, business torts, shareholder litigation, commercial disputes, complex contract disputes, employment, legal malpractice, and personal injury matters. He has teamed effectively with lawyers of prominent national firms to prepare commercial and business litigation cases for trial in Texas.
On December 20, 2012, Ron obtained a comprehensive RICO and fraud verdict against two West Virginia attorneys accused of bringing fraudulent asbestos claims against one of the nation’s largest railroads. After only 2 hours of deliberation, a unanimous jury found in favor of the railroad on every issue and awarded as damages the costs of defending the claims.
As an honors graduate of the University of Texas, Ron was a member of the Friar Society, President of the Texas Student Publications, President of the Tejas Club, recognized as an Outstanding Student, and admitted into Phi Beta Kappa.
- Defended and tried countless personal injury claims brought in connection with workplace, motor vehicle, products liability, and general negligence matters during a thirty year trial practice in Houston.
- Obtained multi-million dollar jury verdicts in both state and federal court in complex commercial disputes, products liability, automotive, and personal injury cases.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of ExxonMobil in a complex commercial dispute and successfully recovered attorneys’ fees via a counterclaim.
- Representation of a law firm against a former employee for breach of employment contract, resulting in a favorable jury verdict and recovery of attorney’s fees.
- Representation in an ERISA matter, obtaining a settlement in excess of $125 million on behalf of employees of a privately owned company who were promised ownership.
- The University of Texas School of Law, JD, 1976
- The University of Texas at Austin, Phi Beta Kappa, Friar Society, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Member, Texas Pattern Jury Charge Oversight Committee, 2008-present
- Member, Member, American Bar Association, Houston Bar Association and Texas Bar Association
- American Leadership Forum (ALF) Class IX
- President, Houston Independent School District Board of Trustees, 1990-1998
- Member, Congressional Federal Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Former Adjunct Professor and Lecturer, The University of Texas School of Law
Rate : $$$$