Mr. Ronald S. Gart is a partner in the Real Estate Practice Group of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. He is the Chair of the Washington, D.C. Real Estate Practice and focuses his practice on the intricate aspects of commercial real estate. Mr. Gart has extensive knowledge in real estate development, real estate finance, real estate lending, asset management, asset purchase and sales, commercial leasing, mixed-use development and planned communities, including condominium ownership.
As counsel on many successful projects, Mr. Gart has conceptualized and documented a mixed use office, retail and residential condominium project involving land units, as well as traditional condominium units. He has counseled a developer in connection with the acquisition and development of a site that incorporated a dilapidated historic structure and contiguous unimproved land into a historic rehabilitation and newly constructed commercial and retail project.
As counsel to commercial banks, thrift institutions and the former Resolution Trust Corporation, he has represented commercial banks and other lenders in loan originations, including construction and term loans, mezzanine and conduit financings, and on loan workouts, restructurings and foreclosures, some of which have involved complex litigation and bankruptcy issues.
Mr. Gart also structured the investment vehicle to utilize historic tax credits and multiple sources of equity and debt funding. Projects for which his clients have made secured loans include student housing, hotels, multifamily, mixed-use, office, and retail developments; several projects have involved unsubordinated ground leases.
- J.D., The George Washington University, The National Law Center, cum laude(1979)
- B.A., The George Washington University, with distinction (1976)
- District of Columbia Bar (Real Estate, Housing and Land Use Section)
- Mortgage Bankers Association of Metropolitan Washington (Board of Governors, Former Member)
- Urban Land Institute – Washington Advisory Board 2006 – Present; Chairman, 2006, 2005 and 2004 Annual Trends Conference
- Real Estate Roundtable (President’s Council Member, 2017; Research Committee Member, 2017)
Rate : $$$$