Ronald L. Kammer has represented insurers throughout the United States for more than 35 years. He has been involved in many significant coverage matters including trials and appeals of cases involving an insurance company’s duty to defend, trigger of coverage, breach of policy conditions, claims involving bad faith and unfair and deceptive trade practices, policy rescission and reformation.
His experience includes cases involving employer’s liability, the use of automobiles, construction defect, pollution and advertising injury offenses such as copyright, trademark and patent infringement claims under commercial liability policies, as well as matters under claims-made policies including such issues as what constitutes a claim, related and multiple claims and the prior knowledge exclusion.
Ron has over 100 reported decisions involving general liability, professional liability, excess and umbrella and property insurance, as well as bad faith matters. He has argued cases before the Florida Supreme Court, First and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals and Florida Court of Appeals.
He has served as an expert witness on many occasions as well as lead counsel for insurance clients in several MDL actions. Ron Kammer is the Co-National Practice Leader of Hinshaw’s Insurance Services Practice Group. He is also the former Co-Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s Miami office and a past Business Development Partner and Regional Director for the firm.
Professional Affiliations :
- American College of Coverage Counsel (ACCC), Fellow
- American Bar Association
- Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee, Past National Co-Chair
- Trial Evidence Committee, Past National Co-Chair
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1980
- B.A., cum laude, Macalester College, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Northern, and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$