Ronald Ohren is a partner in the Firm’s Chicago office. For more than 30 years, Ron’s practice has focused on pre-dispute advice and dispute resolution involving a wide variety of insurance and reinsurance issues, including regulatory issues.
He has extensive experience in litigation in state and federal trial and appellate courts across the country; in mediation, arbitration and other alternative dispute proceedings; and with insurance and reinsurance issues that have cross-border or international aspects.
- John Marshall Law School (JD with Distinction) (1986)
- University of Cincinnati (BA) (1983)
- Emory University (1980)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (1990)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (1990)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit~United States (1990)
- Illinois~United States (1986)
- Board member, Public Interest Law Initiative, 2010 to 2017
- Handled asylum matters through the National Immigrant Justice Center, including trials in the federal immigration court, and related appellate work before the Board of Immigration Appeals and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Initiated and organized two separate Baker McKenzie pro bono legal clinics with Chicago Volunteer Legal Services – supervising them for a number of years – and received a pro bono award from that organization
- Prosecuted Section 1983 prisoner civil rights lawsuits (by appointment, as a member of the Federal Trial Bar of the US District Court, Northern District of Illinois)
Rate : $$$