A management-side labor and employment attorney for more than 33 years, Ronald G. Linville is driven to achieve lasting results for his clients. He has developed one of the largest public-sector practices in Ohio and works with high-profile entities such as airports, cities and transit systems in the negotiation of their labor contracts and labor arbitration litigation.
His private-sector work includes the defense of several Fortune 100 companies in employment-related litigation and the day-to-day counseling of major corporations, advising them on how best to avoid litigation and the resolution of issues quickly and efficiently should any occur.
Ron ensures that matters are resolved in a way that satisfies his clients’ immediate goals while also supporting long-term business strategies. Through treating all involved parties with respect, Ron is able to discern the facts of a matter directly and collaborate to determine the most practical way to solve workplace issues.
Ron is the former managing partner of BakerHostetler’s Columbus office and previously served as chair of the firm’s national Employment and Labor group, where he managed all employment lawyers in BakerHostetler’s offices, coast to coast.
This team of employment litigators and traditional labor lawyers form one of the largest practices of any national, full-service law firm in the country. He has been ranked in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business since 2008 and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 1995.
- Managed an active Ohio employment litigation docket for a major automobile manufacturer.
- Conducted more than 18 months and hundreds of hours of extensive negotiation, and stripped $6 million to $8 million from the contract of a financially struggling public transit authority company.
- J.D., Capital University Law School, 1980, summa cum laude
- B.A., Wittenberg University, 1977, cum laude
- Various Federal District Courts and Courts of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
- Ohio, 1980
Rate : $$$