Ronald S. Okada is the Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s Chicago office and is the firm’s Professional Development Partner. He is responsible for directing and coordinating the firm’s efforts in diversity, recruiting, associate training and retention, admission and integration of lateral partners, and pro bono activities.
Ron is also the firm-wide Hiring Partner and Chair of the Diversity Committee. Ron previously was a member of the Policy Committee, the firm’s governing body, and served as the Coordinator of the Cleveland Litigation Group for 10 years, from 2000 through 2009.
- Ron defended a public company against class claims of trust fund mismanagement.
- Ron defended a major pharmaceutical company in a class action seeking damages under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Ron represented a manufacturer in a class action alleging race discrimination in the hiring and placement of temporary employees.
- In a class action asserting ERISA claims for retiree medical benefits, Ron defended the primary defendant.
- Ron represented clients in employment litigation involving claims of age, race and sex discrimination; negligent hiring/supervision; false imprisonment; restoration rights under the FMLA; overtime pay under the Fair Labor Standards Act; misappropriation of trade secrets; the enforceability of employment agreements and covenants not to compete; and breach of contract.
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1985, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Carleton College, 1982, magna cum laude
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1998
Rate : $$$