As co-head of Proskauer’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group, Ronald R. Papa has over 30 years of experience counseling companies in strategic acquisitions, investments and divestitures in a diverse range of industries. He is also the immediate past co-chair of the Corporate Department and served for three years as a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee.
Ron’s practice is concentrated on both U.S. and multi-jurisdictional transactions, involving public and private mergers and acquisitions, as well as joint ventures and other business combinations, and many types of related commercial agreements.
Ron’s industry focus includes :
- Specialty chemicals, energy and other manufacturing industries, primarily for U.S., French and other European companies: Ron counsels companies in accomplishing complex international M&A transactions involving shared site arrangements, distribution and supply, transition services, tolling, licensing and technology transfer.
- Technology and consumer products: For public and private companies, Ron advises clients in their acquisitions, strategic investments, divestitures and restructurings, in transactions in which the core assets are often proprietary brands, technologies and processes.
- Financial services, consulting and other service industries: Ron handles buyouts, strategic alliances and other transactions in industries in which data, information management and human capital are the core assets.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 1979
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, B.S., 1976
Admissions & Qualifications : New York
Clerkships : Supreme Court of New Jersey, Morristown, NJ – Hon. Stewart G. Pollock
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, New York, Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District
Rate : $$$