Ronald “Trey” Range is an associate in Baker Donelson’s Johnson City office. Mr. Range concentrates his practice in labor and employment litigation and aviation law. He has defended clients before the EEOC and in state and federal courts on all types of employment lawsuits, including allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliatory discharge and other matters.
He has also represented clients on a wide range of aviation deals in North America, Asia and Europe, and has experience coordinating with local counsel in a variety of jurisdictions to accomplish the clients’ goals.
As a compliment to his aviation and general transactional practice, Mr. Range helps clients in commercial lending, contract disputes, and administration of probate wills and estates. He maintains an active pro bono work load, primarily guardianships for immigrant children and Online Tennessee Justice.
Before joining Baker Donelson as an associate, Trey worked as a summer associate for two summers, gaining experience in Title VII discrimination litigation as well as corporate transactional work.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of Tennessee, B.S. in Finance, 2011, magna cum laude
- Tennessee, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, 2015
Representative Matters :
- Second chair at federal jury trial in employment discrimination lawsuit.
- Handled numerous EEOC Charges of Discrimination on behalf of employers under Title VII and other federal discrimination laws.
- Handled multi-million dollar M&A transaction on behalf of the target entity.
- Drafted a complex master lease agreement and subordinate lease schedules to facilitate the leasing of several aircraft worth $28 million to an operator in Asia.
- Assisted domestic entities in aircraft purchases, sales and leases, and regulatory compliance.
- Advised a large furniture manufacturer with regard to agreements with suppliers, customers and other third-parties, and drafted supply agreements, sales representative agreements and exclusivity contracts.
- Advised aircraft components manufacturer on a license agreement with a major OEM.
- Drafted numerous pleadings and motions for clients in ADA, FMLA, and FLSA actions, contract disputes and real estate disputes, including successful motions for summary judgment.
- Deposed third-party fact witnesses in a product liability action.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement in a product liability action.
- Represented executors in multiple complex probate administrations.
Rate : $$$