Mr. Ronald Schreiber is a partner in the Chicago office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP and is a member of the Trusts and Estates Group. In more than 30 years of legal service, he has counseled numerous beneficiaries, family members and fiduciaries regarding all phases of estate planning and estate and trust administration.
Mr. Schreiber has significant experience with and provides advice regarding income, estate, gift and generation-skipping tax matters affecting individuals and estates and trusts. He also advises clients regarding business succession planning, multi-generational planning, charitable giving, planning for disability and prenuptial agreements.
He has also appeared in state court proceedings involving decedents and disabled persons and represented clients before the U.S. Tax Court and the Internal Revenue Service where he has experience representing clients in estate tax audits involving various tax and valuation issues.
Mr. Schreiber has extensive experience with sales to intentionally defective grantor trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, sophisticated insurance trusts and other devices to significantly reduce potential estate tax liability with minimal gift tax consequences.
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School (1977)
- B.A., Queens College of the City University of New York (1974)
- American Bar Association (Member, Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, 1979-present).
- Chicago Bar Association (Member, Trust Law Committee (1979-present), Chairman, Division II (1996-1997), Probate Practice Committee (1978-present).
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member, Section on Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Law, 1978-present).
- New York State Bar Association (Member, Trusts and Estates Law Section, 2007-present)
- Chicago Estate Planning Council.
- American Youth Soccer Organization – AYSO (Area Director, Regional Board Member, and Referee 1988-present).
Rate : $$$