Ronald J. Schutz is the Managing Partner of the New York office and a member of the firm’s Executive Board. Mr. Schutz is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers in America. He has also been named by Lawdragon as one of the 500 Leading Lawyers in America and by Intellectual Asset Magazine as one of the 300 Leading IP Strategists in the world.
In 2008 the National Law Journal named Mr. Schutz to its annual list of the Top 10 Winning Litigators in the United States. Mr. Schutz is a frequent lecturer and author on topics related to litigation and trials and he is often quoted in the business and legal press. He has also appeared on the NBC Nightly News and the CBS Morning News.
Mr. Schutz is extensively involved in community and public affairs. He is a former Chair and current board member of the Center of the American Experiment. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Guthrie Theater and the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities.
He is a member of the Advisory Boards of the William Mitchell Law School Intellectual Property Institute, and the St. Thomas Law School Journal of Law and Public Policy and a former member of the Advisory Board of the Minnesota Law Review.
Mr. Schutz is also a past president of the University of Minnesota Law School Alumni Association. He is also the most recent past Chair of the Minnesota Commission on Judicial Selection (appointed by Governor Pawlenty).
In 2010 Campaigns & Elections Magazine named Mr. Schutz one of the 100 most influential people in Minnesota politics. Mr. Schutz also served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Pawlenty for President (2011-2012).
Mr. Schutz attended Marquette University on an ROTC Scholarship where he graduated magna cum laude with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Mr. Schutz graduated with honors from the University of Minnesota Law School where he was a member of the Law Review. After law school he fulfilled his military obligation by serving four years in the United States Army JAG Corps stationed with the 7th Infantry Division where he tried twenty jury trials.
Mr. Schutz is married to his high school sweetheart Janet and they have three adult children. Mr. Schutz enjoys running triathlons and participating in other outdoor adventure sports and activities.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., (1981)
- Marquette University, Mechanical Engineering
- New York
- U.S. Army Court of Military Review
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Adjutant General Search Committee, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- Minnesota Commission on Judicial Selection, Chairman
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
Rate : $$$$