Ron (Rongwei) Cai has more than 25 years of legal experience assisting clients in U.S.-China business projects. He handles international mergers & acquisitions, general business and corporate law for multinational companies in China, international business transactions, and dispute resolution.
Ron also advises clients on contract law, employment and labor law, intellectual property rights, regulatory approvals, and corporate compliance auditing. Ron is familiar with a wide range of industries, including, e-commerce, high-tech, media and entertainment, retail and distribution, healthcare, renewable energy, transportation and heavy machinery industries, and infrastructure projects.
He also represents Chinese companies in their business transactions and litigation in the U.S. Ron speaks and writes frequently on U.S.-Chinese business issues.
Ron’s clients include: Bank of China, Boeing Shanghai Aviation Services, Brioche Doree China, China Central Television, China Development Bank, China Railway Construction Corporation, China South Locomotive Corporation, Eaton, General Electric, Getty Images, Goodyear, Manitowoc, Marriott International, Microsoft, Neuhaus, Nike, PACCAR, Pudong Development Bank, Starbucks Coffee Company, TESCO, TomTom, Tyson Foods, and Umbro.
- Graham & James LLP, Hong Kong and Seattle, 1995-2000
- Kaye Scholer LLP, New York, N.Y. and Hong Kong, 1994-1995
- Tonkon Torp LLP, Portland, Ore, 1988-1994
Professional & Community Activities:
- Arbitrator, China International Economic and Trade Arbitgration Commission (CIETAC)
- Arbitrator, Shanghai Arbitration Commission
- Mediator, U.S.-China Business Mediation Center
- Chair, Legal Committee, American Chamber of Commerce, Shanghai, 2008-2010
- Co-president, Columbia University Alumni Association in Shanghai
- Board Member, China Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth
- J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, 1990, with honors
- Cornelius Honor Society Award
- LL.M., Columbia Law School, 1987
- Center of Law & Economics Scholarship
- LL.B., Xiamen University School of Law, 1984, with honors
- Best Student Scholarship, 1980-84
Rate : $$$