Rosa Ertze practices in the area of corporate law, finance and international business transactions, advising domestic, multinational and foreign companies on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, restructurings, commercial lending, general corporate matters, cross-border direct foreign investment, joint ventures and financings.
She works extensively with domestic and Latin-American companies doing inbound and outbound investments and business in Mexico and other Latin American countries. Ms. Ertze has advised and guided several U.S. manufacturing companies in setting up, regulating and closing manufacturing operations in Mexico.
She also has extensive experience in transactions involving stock and asset sales in the U.S. and in Mexico. Ms. Ertze currently serves as the president of Northeast Chapter of the U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerce. She is also a member of the firm’s Cuba Business Group and the Mexican and Latin American desks.
Ms. Ertze is a 2007 graduate of Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M., International Legal Studies) and a 2005 graduate of Universidad Iberoamericana (J.D. equivalent). She is fluent in Spanish.
- Represented Hill International Inc., a global leader in managing construction risk, in a $165 million debt refinancing transaction.
- Represented Clarion Capital Partners and its portfolio company, HR Outsourcing Holdings, Inc., a professional employer organization based in Atlanta, Georgia, in the acquisition of the outstanding capital stock of Fortune Financial, Inc., another professional employer organization based in Tampa, Florida, as well as the related financing transaction.
- Represented a specialty chemical company in closing a $175 million credit facility, comprised of revolving credit, term loan, swing line and letters of credit sub-facilities. The credit agreement contains an accordion feature affording the client the right to increase the revolving credit facility size by $50 million.
- Represented Voxx International Corporation in its $20 million acquisition, through Newco, a Delaware LLC, of 54 percent of the assets of EyeLock, Inc., a Puerto Rico corporation, and EyeLock Corporation, a Delaware corporation, and a wholly-owned subsidiary of EyeLock, Inc.
- Assisted a major U.S. manufacturing company in setting-up manufacturing operations in Mexico.
- Represented Brace Industrial Group L.P., a Houston based industrial services roll-up, in its acquisition of all of the issued and outstanding stock of Peterson Industrial Scaffolding, Inc. from Peterson Enterprises, Inc.
- Represented an American petroleum and petrochemical manufacturer in documenting the transfer of an industrial complex to subsidiaries for $60 million.
- Represented Antique and Vintage Woods, LLC in its acquisition of assets from Antique and Vintage Woods of America, LLC.
- Assisted an international company in the financing and acquisition of 1,072 telecommunication towers in Brazil and 200 towers in Guatemala.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., International Legal Studies, with distinction, 2007
- Universidad Iberoamericana, A.C., Licenciada en Derecho (J.D. equivalent), 2005
- New York
- U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerce
- International Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$