Rosemarie Thurston is a partner with the Financial Services Team and leads Alston & Bird’s REITs and Real Estate Funds Team. Rosemarie represents numerous real estate companies, business development companies, underwriters, real estate funds, and investment management firms in public securities offerings, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, joint ventures, and ongoing securities law compliance.
Rosemarie regularly advises executive officers, boards of directors, and board committees on corporate governance matters, including compliance with the Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002, New York Stock Exchange rules, and general best practices for reporting companies.
She also counsels broker-dealers on compliance with applicable regulations of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) in connection with the distribution of securities.
- Vanderbilt University (J.D., 1989)
- University of Kentucky (B.S., 1986)
Bar Admissions : Georgia
- The National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (Nareit), associate board of governors
- Catholic Charities of Greater Atlanta, board of directors
- Alliance Theatre of the Woodruff Arts Center, board of directors
- The Posse Foundation, Atlanta advisory board
Rate : $$$