Rosemary J. Bruno concentrates her practice in the areas of litigation, employment law, employee benefits litigation and defense of consumer class actions. She defends corporate clients and individuals in each of these practice areas. Rosemary represents consumer product companies in cases brought by individual or multiple plaintiffs and in class actions.
As advisor to management, Rosemary assists employers in creating and maintaining a positive relationship with employees. She advises on workplace policies and practices and provides counsel for decision-making in compliance with federal and state laws that govern the workplace. When a dispute results in administrative action, Rosemary represents employers against charges filed with the EEOC or with the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights.
She defends employers in court actions alleging discrimination or harassment, involving restrictive covenants, or raising other issues under employment contracts. In the benefits area, Rosemary represents ERISA plans, plan trustees and fiduciaries in cases challenging plan design, investments, operations and decisions.
Rosemary is an active mediator. She has worked with counsel and parties in efforts to achieve early resolution of their disputes in more than 300 cases in private mediations, as well as through her participation as a mediator in the New Jersey Superior Court Presumptive Mediation Program and as a member of the Panel of Certified Mediators for the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Rosemary is a member of the District V-A Ethics Committee, appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court. She is a past chair of the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Character. She has served on the board of the Rutgers School of Law – Newark Alumni Association and as its president. Following law school, Rosemary served as a judicial clerk to the Hon. Samuel Allcorn, Jr. in the Appellate Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
- Rutgers School of Law – Newark, J.D., 1976, with honors
- Boston College, B.A., 1973, summa cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS)
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, District V-A, New Jersey Supreme Court Ethics Committee
Rate : $$$