Ross E. Firsenbaum has a broad litigation practice with an emphasis on bankruptcy, securities and complex commercial litigation. He has represented major investment banks, financial institutions, investment advisors, corporations and individuals in state and federal court litigation throughout the country, and has extensive experience trying FINRA arbitrations.
Mr. Firsenbaum maintains an active pro bono practice, including the representation of Dewey Bozella, which resulted in his release from prison after serving 26 years for a murder he did not commit, and a $7.5 million eve-of-trial settlement securing Mr. Bozella record-breaking compensation for his wrongful conviction.
Mr. Firsenbaum has represented former US Attorney General Meese, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and other organizations in other wrongful conviction cases before the US Supreme Court and the Second Circuit.
- Reached favorable settlement for leading custodian bank in state court action asserting breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, Uniform Securities Act and other state-law claims arising out of securities lending practices during the 2008-2009 credit crisis.
- Obtained the dismissal of a complaint filed by a court-appointed receiver asserting common-law tort claims against a leading financial institution on improper venue grounds.
- Obtained the dismissal of all claims against an investment advisor alleging violations of Section 36(b) of the Investment Company Act for allegedly excessive fees charged to mutual funds. Plaintiffs voluntarily dismissed the case after discovery showed that the investment advisor’s investment management fee was reasonable.
- JD, Boston College Law School, 2005
- BA, Law, Amherst College, 2002
- New York
CLERKSHIPS : The Hon. Susan Beck, Massachusetts Appeals Court, 2005 – 2006
Rate : $$$