Ross B. Galin Co-Chairs O’Melveny’s Life Sciences Industry Group. Ross represents corporations and individual clients in civil, regulatory, and criminal matters. His practice includes representing companies, executives and employees in government enforcement actions, civil qui tam litigation, and providing compliance advice.
His clients include pharmaceutical and medical device companies and their executives and employees. Ross handles government enforcement actions and False Claims Act litigation, and provides life sciences law compliance advice.
Ross regularly conducts internal investigations, both of alleged misconduct and to proactively assess risk, on behalf of major life sciences companies and corporations across all industries. He has conducted 100+ internal compliance investigations for pharmaceutical companies alone. Ross is recognized in the 2018 edition of The Legal 500as among the leading attorneys in the US for Health Care: Life Sciences.
Ross also represents corporate clients in a variety of securities and general commercial litigation matters in federal and state courts. Ross leads the firm’s associate and counsel work coordination system, supporting the efficient staffing of client matters and opportunity for attorney development.
- Representing a leading international pharmaceutical company in an investigation by the US Department of Justice into the company’s charitable giving.
- Representing a leading pharmaceutical and consumer goods company, and its subsidiaries, in an investigation brought by 48 state attorneys general related to its metal-on-metal hip replacement systems, and separately helped its subsidiary negotiate a favorable settlement with the Oregon attorney general, which instituted its own investigation.
- Representing a leading pharmaceutical and consumer goods company, and its subsidiary medical device manufacturer, in a 43-state Attorney General investigation of consumer protection/deceptive trade practice concerns regarding pelvic mesh products.
Secured a complete declination from the government on relator’s claims against our client, a leading pharmacy benefits manager, after a two-year federal False Claims Act investigation by the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, the Department of Justice, and the District of Rhode Island.
- Successfully persuaded the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General to reverse course in separate exclusion actions against Howard Solomon, Chairman of Forest Laboratories, and the CEO of another leading life sciences company.
- Persuaded the SEC to close its investigation of CTI BioPharma regarding its public disclosures and alleged violations of the antifraud and certain other provisions of the federal securities laws without pursuing an enforcement action.
- Represented multiple major pharmaceutical companies in Department of Justice investigations of off-label promotion and kickback allegations.
- Has represented life sciences companies, officers, and directors in securities class actions, and derivative lawsuits.
- Represents companies in consumer protection act cases. Representations have included cases brought by private plaintiffs as well as those brought by state attorneys general’s offices.
- Obtained dismissal of a securities class action complaint against a former officer of a pharmaceuticals company alleging misrepresentations regarding the safety profile of the company’s pain medications.
- Represents underwriters in securities class action litigation.
- Advises CEO and Chief Compliance Officer of a pharmaceutical company regarding certifications required by a corporate integrity agreement, state laws and an industry association. Serves as a member of the company’s Reportable Events Committee.
- Represented companies in SEC and DOJ FCPA investigations.
- Represented New York Mets in litigation with SportsChannel New York regarding the establishment of SNY Network. Defeated preliminary injunction motion, and resolved the case through successful motions to dismiss and partial summary judgment, which were upheld on appeal to New York’s First Department.
- Provided pro bono representation to clients pursuant to the Criminal Justice Act.
- Represented garment factory workers in a Fair Labor Standards Act lawsuit to recover unpaid wages and overtime. Negotiated settlements with various parties that resulted in a substantial recovery for the workers.
- New York
- US District Court, Southern Districts of New York
- Fordham University, J.D.: cum laude; Order of the Coif; Managing Editor, Fordham Law Review
- University of Michigan, B.A., Political Science, B.A., History; Class Honors for Academic Achievement
- Honorable John F. Keenan, US District Court, Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$