Ross A. Honig is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm’s New York office. With more than 25 years in private practice, Ross is focused primarily on commercial real estate financings. He has also represented clients in the acquisition, disposition, and leasing of commercial properties. His clients include financial institutions, private and public commercial lenders, private sellers, and purchasers.
Ross has significant experience handling transactions involving fixed-rate, permanent mortgage loans intended to be sold in the commercial mortgage-backed securities market, as well as construction, bridge, floating-rate, and mezzanine loan transactions secured by all asset classes, including office, retail, hotel, multifamily, student housing, industrial, and mobile home parks located throughout the United States.
He has also counseled clients in mortgage loan purchase and sale agreements, intercreditor and participation agreements, and asset-based loan originations. He advises clients on workouts and restructuring of defaulted and non-performing loans. Ross’s experience includes representing financial institutions and lenders in a variety of loans over 25 years. He has represented:
- A national bank in connection with a $250 million syndicated ground-up construction loan secured by a Chicago, IL full-service luxury hotel.
- A foreign investment bank in connection with a $180 million securitized leased fee secured by a New York, NY retail and residential cooperative apartment; and a $22 million securitized leased fee secured by an Austin, TX office building.
- A publicly traded REIT in connection with a $31 million securitized mortgage loan portfolio secured by Denver, CO retail properties.
- A non-U.S. investment bank in connection with the origination, modification, and increase of a $165 million ground-up construction loan secured by a lifestyle center in Henrico County, VA.
- A non-U.S. investment bank in the origination, modification, and extension of multiple floating-rate loans with affiliated borrowers secured by multifamily projects located in Atlanta, GA, Houston, TX, and Detroit, MI.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1988, Note Editor, Probate Law Journal
- B.A., State University of New York at Albany, 1985, cum laude
Admissions : New York
- President of the Board of Trustees of the Congregation B’nai Yisrael of Armonk
Rate : $$$