Roxane F. Reardon is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department, where she is a member of the Capital Markets Practice. She principally represents issuers and investment banks engaged in registered and Rule 144A offerings and private placements of equity, equity-linked and debt securities.
Roxane has a particular specialization in offerings of equity-linked securities, such as optional and mandatory convertible and exchangeable debt and preferred stock. She represents issuers on ongoing securities laws matters and corporate governance issues. Roxane also regularly advises issuers and dealer managers in tender offers and exchange offers.
Roxane has been quoted in the press and recognized in the industry by Euromoney Legal Media Group as a recipient of the Americas Women in Business Law Award for “Best in Capital Markets” in 2016 and 2018. In addition, BTI Consulting Group named Roxane a 2013 “Client Service All-Star” for delivering superior client service to Fortune 1000 clients.
Work Highlights include:
- Underwriters in the public offering of $40 billion of senior notes by CVS Health, the third-largest corporate bond sale on record
- Underwriters in multiple debt offerings by Boston Scientific, a specialty medical technology provider
- Initial purchasers in an offering by CONMED, a medical device provider, of $345 million convertible senior notes
- Underwriters in multiple debt offerings by UnitedHealth Group, totaling over $21 billion in aggregate
- Initial Purchasers in enterprise software solutions provider NICE Systems’ $287.5 million exchangeable senior notes offerings
- Initial purchasers in global information technology company Unisys Corporation’s $190 million convertible senior notes offering
- Rockwood Holdings, a specialty chemicals company, in its $6.2 billion merger with Albemarle Corporation, as well as multiple offerings of common stock and senior notes and ongoing corporate governance
- CNO Financial Group in a recapitalization including a $275 million secured senior notes offering, a redemption of outstanding secured senior notes and a privately negotiated repurchase of $200 million convertible notes
- Underwriters in the inaugural $660 million convertible senior notes offering by Tesla Motors, which earned the Firm a “highly commended” recognition in the Financial Times’ 2013 U.S. Innovative Lawyers Report, as well as its subsequent offering of $2 billion convertible notes
- Underwriters in a $350 million registered offering of convertible senior notes (with Norwegian-style convertible note modifications) by Ship Finance International Limited, a Bermuda exempted company
- Underwriters in multiple registered offerings, including common stock, preferred stock and senior notes, and dealer managers in a Rule 144A exchange offer, by The Charles Schwab Corporation
Roxane serves on the New Partners, Personnel, Business Development and Women’s Committees of the Firm. Roxane received her A.B., cum laude, from Harvard College in 1989 and her J. D., with honors, from Duke University School of Law in 1993.
She was a member of the journal Law & Contemporary Problems. After serving as a Law Clerk to the Hon. Charles E. Wiggins, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Roxane joined the Firm in 1994. She is admitted to practice in New York.
- Duke University School of Law, 1993 J.D.
- With Honors; Law & Contemporary Problems Journal, Member (1993–1994)
- Harvard University, 1989 A.B.
- cum laude
Admissions : New York 1995
Rate : $$$$