Roxanne Tizravesh is an experienced business litigator who focuses on helping clients solve problems and achieve their goals efficiently. Active in both state and federal court, Ms. Tizravesh has advised on bankruptcy matters in the energy industry, handled government investigations in the United States and Europe, and represented investors and financial services firms in a wide array of civil litigation matters.
Ms. Tizravesh is distinguished by her ability to win cases based on strategy. Her practice includes extensive representation of both public and privately held companies in investor and executive disputes and shareholder litigation. She has successfully handled securities fraud and government and white collar investigations of hedge funds.
Ms. Tizravesh has also represented creditors, institutional investors, and debtors in litigation arising from Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases and financial restructurings. From 2008 until early 2014, Ms. Tizravesh worked in Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP’s New York office.A Houston native, Ms. Tizravesh received her J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law, where she served on the Texas Law Review.
Ms. Tizravesh received her B.A. in history with honors from New York University, where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and minored in Middle Eastern and Islamic studies. Additionally, Ms. Tizravesh has always been committed to using her skill set to give back to the community. That dedication led her to become the first Akin Gump Fellow for Her Justice, where she first-chaired a dozen family-law cases for low-income women and victims of domestic violence.
- Ms. Tizravesh has been actively engaged in community, civic and charitable activities, including:
- Houston Turnaround Management Association, NextGen Professionals Committee Member
- Menil Contemporaries, Member and Sponsor
- World Affairs Council, Member
- UT Law Young Alumni, Chapter Representative.
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Her Justice, Junior Advisory Board Member
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2008
- B.A., New York University, with honors, 2005
- New York
Rate : $$$$