Roy A. Smith, Jr., was elected President of Daniel Coker Horton & Bell, P.A. in 2012 and previously served on the firm’s Executive Committee. He also serves as Chair of the Products Liability practice group.
Roy has been named to Best Lawyers in America in four practice areas – insurance, personal injury litigation – defendants, products liability litigation – defendants, and professional malpractice law- defendants, and selected as 2019 Lawyer of the Year in professional malpractice law-defendants.
He has been included in Mid-South Super Lawyers since 2014. Roy is also a Top Rated Lawyer in Personal Injury Defense by Martindale Hubbell. He has been a member of Lawyers for Civil Justice since 2011.
- B.A., University of Mississippi, 1977
- J.D., University of Mississippi School of Law, 1982
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- ALFA International
- Association of Transport Law, Tort and Insurance Practice Committee
- Lawyers for Civil Justice
- Defense Research Institute
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
Rate : $$$