A registered patent lawyer with a background in electrical and computer engineering, Roy P. Zachariah represents clients in all aspects of patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret law, including litigation, prosecution, licensing, and opinion work. His clients include Fortune 500 companies, as well as smaller companies and individuals.
Roy prosecutes patents in computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, telecommunications, mechanical systems and devices, medical systems and devices, and business methods. He also has experience in procuring trademarks and preparing intellectual property assignment and licensing agreements.
Previously, Roy worked for the major entertainment and sports company CBS Sportsline.com, now known as CBSSports.com, as a software engineer/programmer and business analyst. He has also worked at the Office of Technology and Licensing at the University of Florida and performed prior art searches.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2007, Journal of Technology Law and Policy, Web-Editor and Member
- Certificate, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2007, Intellectual Property
- M.S., Carnegie Mellon University, Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2004, 4.0 GPA
- B.S., Carnegie Mellon University, Electrical and Computer Engineering and Business Administration, 2003
Bar Admissions : Florida; U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Intellectual Property Committee, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Palm Beach Tech Association, Member
- South Asian Bar Association, Member
- Literacy Coalition of Palm Beach County, Great Grown-Up Spelling Bee, Participant for Akerman LLP Team, October 2015
Rate : $$$