Ruben Pagán advises clients on, and provides transactional support for, developing and licensing hardware and software for internal and commercial applications, with an emphasis on robotics, automation, advanced logistics, cloud computing, and connected devices.
As a former in-house legal professional, Ruben has a deep understanding of client needs and objectives, which enables him to customize his approach to each client’s particular internal processes, risk tolerance, desired level of involvement, and issue expertise.
Ruben’s clients include Amazon.com, Microsoft, Grakon, T-Mobile, and emerging companies in the automation, big data, cloud, and internet of things industries.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Fellow, HNBA/Microsoft Intellectual Property Law Institute (law student mentorship program), 2016-present
- Volunteer Attorney, Citizenship Clinic – Seattle Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs (confidential pre-screening of citizenship applications and development of emergency deportation preparedness plans)
- Volunteer Attorney, Housing Justice Project (eviction defense legal clinic), 2013-2017
- Volunteer Attorney, Kids in Need of Defense (representation of unaccompanied minors in immigration court), 2018-present
- Volunteer Attorney, Wayfind (microenterprise and nonprofit legal clinic), 2014-present
- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, 2008
- B.A., Philosophy, B.S., Psychology, University of Washington, 2004
Rate : $$$