Rubén Kraiem is a corporate partner who advises clients with business interests in Latin America, as well as companies based in Latin America who are engaged in cross-border acquisitions or financings.
Mr. Kraiem has been involved in many significant life sciences, banking and insurance-related acquisitions and joint ventures in Latin America, as well as transactions in industries as diverse as telecommunications, media, real estate development, healthcare, and consumer products. Mr. Kraiem is also co-chair of the firm’s Clean Energy & Climate Industry Group.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1981
- Yale University, B.A., 1978
Bar Admissions : New York
Representative Matters :
- Advised One Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of a minority interest in Grupo Phoenix, a consumer goods packaging company with operations in Colombia, Venezuela, Mexico and the United States.
- Advised Grupo P.I. Mabe, the leading producer of hygienic products in Mexico, on its sale to Ontex Group NV, a publicly listed company based in Belgium.
- Advised Grupo Sura, the Colombian financial group, and its affiliate AFP Integra S.A. in the $516 million acquisition of 50% of AFP Horizonte S.A., the Peruvian pension fund, from BBVA. This matter received two M&A Atlas Awards: “Cross Border Deal of the Year (Large Markets)” and “South America Deal of the Year (Large Markets).”
- Advised GlaxoSmithKline in connection with its acquisition of Laboratorios Phoenix S.A. in Argentina in 2010 and in the subsequent sale of the company to Laboratorio ELEA S.A.C.I.F. y A. in 2018.
- Advised Tonon Bioenergia S.A. of Brazil in connection with financing obtained from an international bank syndicate.
- Advised Brysam Global Partners in the acquisition of a minority equity interest in BCSC, S.A., a consumer finance company in Colombia.
Memberships and Affiliations :
- Fordham Law School, Adjunct Professor (Climate Change Law & Policy 2006-2009)
- New York University Law School, Distinguished Scholar in Residence (2002-2003)
- Harvard College, Teaching Fellow (1980-1981)
- Natural Resources Defense Council, Honorary Trustee
- Resources for the Future, Council Member
Rate : $$$