Rudolph Di Massa, senior partner and chair of the firm’s Business Reorganization and Financial Restructuring Group, concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation and creditors’ rights.
Mr. Di Massa currently represents various secured and unsecured lenders in bankruptcy cases pending in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the Southern District of New York, as well as a number of European companies doing business in the United States.
Mr. Di Massa is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the American Bar Association and its Business Law Section, the Commercial Law League of America, the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Business Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association. He is listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2006-2018 editions, as one of the top bankruptcy and restructuring lawyers in the country.
Mr. Di Massa is a 1981 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School and a 1978 summa cum laude graduate of Lehigh University, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- Advised and defended the former president and chief executive officer of National Label, a consumer-products label manufacturer, against a myriad of claims stemming from the wind-down and sale of the company.
- Successfully represented the former president and chief executive officer of a closely-held company in connection with a claim against the employer for violations of the Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law.
- Advised a Vietnam War Veteran, a pro bono client through the Military Assistance Project, in navigating various financial concerns brought about by medical issues.
- Represented the Italian trustee of a bankrupt U.S. software company with cases pending in Italy and the U.S.
- Represented Klausen Finanz, A.G., a Swiss finance company, in connection with the collection of secured indebtedness and negotiation of the purchase and sale of the borrower’s assets.
- Represented BMW Financial Services in connection with acquisition, construction and real estate loans made to dealerships throughout the United States and revolving automotive floor plan and lease line documents.
- Represented UniCredit Bank, Italy’s largest bank, in the collection of secured indebtedness and eventual sale of loan documents in connection with a large manufacturer in New Mexico.
- Represented various hotel owners in Pennsylvania and Maryland involved in refinancing/restructuring of indebtedness.
- Successfully concluded litigation against the Republic of Argentina on behalf of Italian investors who had purchased Argentine bonds. Our efforts resulted in payment to clients of almost 200% of their initial investment.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Commercial Law League of America
Rate : $$$$