Rudolph G. Klapper is an associate in Venable’s Labor and Employment Practice in the Los Angeles office. He represents a wide variety of clients, with a focus on labor and employment matters, and has significant experience defending employers against a range of employment-related claims, from pre-litigation negotiations to trial and arbitration.
Rudy is admitted to practice in California and New York, and before various federal courts, and regularly appears before administrative and regulatory agencies on behalf of employers.
Rudy has successfully defended employers against numerous employment-related claims, including wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, unfair competition, trade secret theft, and wage and hour claims.
He also advises businesses regarding compliance with various California and federal laws and regulations, such as drafting employee handbooks and personnel policies, disciplining and training employees, managing and defending against Cal-OSHA investigations and actions, handling pension plan disputes under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), preparing reductions in force, and conducting human resources audits.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of all claims against employer in wrongful termination, discrimination, and retaliation lawsuit
- Obtained successful verdict and punitive damages in state bench trial for small business owners in trade secret theft claim
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit against municipal entity by employee claiming a variety of discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination claims on successful anti-SLAPP motion at the pleading stage.
- J.D. Loyola Law School 2014
- B.S. Music Industry, Business Law University of Southern California 2011
Bar Admissions : California, New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$$