Russ Emerson is an experienced litigator and first-chair trial lawyer who has served as lead counsel in scores of patent infringement and other intellectual property cases in Texas and across the country. His cases have involved a wide variety of technologies, from semiconductors to lasers, medical devices to pharmaceutical products, and drilling technology to information theory.
A former naval officer, Russ leads litigation and trial teams sized to effectively and efficiently accomplish his clients’ goals. As a registered patent lawyer with a degree in mechanical engineering and experience in nuclear engineering, Russ combines fluency with technology with the ability to explain that technology to judges and juries alike.
Russ also handles cases involving trademarks and trade dress, copyrights, theft of trade secrets, and other complex technical matters. In addition to his trial court practice, Russ has successfully argued a number of appeals before the Federal Circuit.
Russ is also active at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, having participated in more than 50 inter partes review proceedings. Before attending law school, Russ served as a division officer on board a nuclear-powered, fast-attack submarine and was certified as a Naval Nuclear Engineer by the Department of Energy’s Naval Reactors Division.
Professional and Community Activities:
- State Bar of Texas (Intellectual Property Section)
- Dallas Bar Association (Intellectual Property Section)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Eastern District of Texas Bar Association
- Master of the Bar, Barbara M.G. Lynn Intellectual Property Inn of Court
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 1997, with honors; Moot Court, Mock Trial; Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Florida, 1988, with high honors
- Judicial Intern, Texas Supreme Court Justice Nathan Hecht (1996)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Texas Supreme Court
Rate : $$$