Russell N. Adler assists clients with estate planning, estate administration, elder law, income tax planning, and planning for persons with disabilities. Russell is involved in all levels of sophisticated and comprehensive high-quality trusts and estates and tax planning, including estate, business and tax planning, estate and trust administration, Surrogate’s Court litigation and elder law.
His clients include high net worth individuals, government agencies, including the State of Israel, athletes, financial institutions, charities, closely held businesses and individuals of various international and domestic jurisdictions, as well as clients of lesser means.
Russell is a frequent and noted lecturer on topics such as elder law, planning for persons with disabilities, estate planning and estate administration issues. His articles on estate planning and elder law topics have been published in the New York Law Journal and Trusts and Estates.
- Estate planning skills include meetings with clients analyzing estate, elder, retirement, disability and business succession planning issues, preparing EPLAN analyses and flow charts, devising strategy and drafting all necessary instruments, including GRATs, QPRTs, SNTs, QDOT’s, IRA-QTIP and charitable trusts, wills and tax returns as well as establishing entities such as LLCs.
- Estate administration experience includes administration of estates from date of death through final distribution, including regular contact with clients and their professionals, managing paralegals, tax audits, court appearances, judicial conferences, litigation, will construction proceedings, preparation of all requisite instruments and postmortem estate planning.
- Litigation experience includes will and trust contests, contested accountings and contested guardianships.
- Act as counsel to the State of Israel, financial institutions and non-profit organizations, protecting their interests in estate and trust court proceedings and developing planned giving programs.
- Counsel charities in planned giving, including consultations with clients, meetings with development personnel, establishing foundations and drafting charitable instruments and seminar presentations.
- Assist in matrimonial cases, including research of issues and drafting of pre-marital, post-marital and separation agreements.
- Tax litigation cases, including tax protest regarding Section 6672 penalty, tax refund claims and tax audit concerning charitable deductions.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1988
- Yeshiva University, B.A., 1985
Bar Admissions : New Jersey, New York
Rate : $$$$