Russell B . Bershad is a senior Director in the Gibbons Real Property Department. He is the immediate Past Chair of the Department, which he led for over 15 years. Mr. Bershad continues to lead the transactional real estate practice within the Real Property Department. Mr. Bershad has practiced exclusively as a real estate attorney for over 35 years focusing on acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, financing, development projects, and tax abatements.
- Rutgers School of Law – Camden (J.D.)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A.)
- State of New Jersey
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Seton Hall University Law School
- Adjunct Professor, Real Estate Finance Law
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Florida State Bar Association
- National Association Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
Some of Mr. Bershad’s representative matters include:
- Lead real estate counsel representing an international pharmaceutical company is disposing of its New Jersey headquarters and research campus consisting of 118 acres and over 15 buildings.
- Representing a joint venture of two leading New Jersey “Gold Coast” developers in developing, financing, and constructing two 48-story residential towers and a 36-story tower, with an aggregate of over 1,300 units, and a 144-room hotel, with an asset value in excess of one billion dollars.
- Counsel to one of the largest private equity real estate companies in the world in connection with its New Jersey and metropolitan assets.
- Representing a Fortune 100 manufacturing company in acquiring several hundred million dollars of Jersey City brownfield sites and entering into a public-private redevelopment agreement for remediating and developing the properties.
- Counsel to two of the three end developers of a proposed 750 acre brownfield site, including representation on several hundred million dollars of proposed tax incremental financing.
Rate : $$$