Russell DaSilva draws on over 30 years of global experience and fluency in several languages as he advises general corporate lending, trade finance and leveraged acquisition finance clients, with a particular focus on cross-border transactions.
Russell’s clients are lenders, borrowers, arrangers, agents and secondary market participants in credit transactions of all types. He is known for his pragmatic approach to deal-making, focusing on what matters most, finding creative solutions that suit the needs of all parties, building consensus and getting results.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Led a national team of more than 20 lawyers in representing a U.S.-nationwide wholesale products distributor and successfully negotiated and closed a U.S. $4.5 billion asset-based lending facility.
- Represented a multilateral financial institution in structuring, drafting and closing a global trade liquidity program, giving individual entrepreneurs and small businesses in Africa, Asia, Pacific and Latin America access to trade and microfinance credit.
- Represented a U.S. private equity fund as arranger of syndicated loans to a Mexican retailer.
- Represented a government-owned energy company in Latin America in the structuring and documentation of its letter of credit program supporting energy sales.
- Represented an English bank in documenting secured loans to a Dutch supplier of ophthalmic products.
- Represented a French bank in documenting Peso-indexed loans to Colombian banks.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1979
- B.A., English, Princeton University, 1976
ADMISSIONS : New York
- Courts of the State of New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Rate : $$$