Russell T. Gorkin is an associate in the Litigation Department. Russell’s practice encompasses a broad range of complex commercial litigation matters, including contract disputes, securities and shareholder derivative actions, insurance coverage disputes and product liability defense. He has represented clients in both state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Proskauer, Russell served as a law clerk to the Honorable George B. Daniels at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and, before that, to the Honorable Robin S. Rosenbaum at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
While in law school, Russell served as a senior staff editor for the Duke Journal of Constitutional Law and Public Policy, and received the Dean’s Award for Evidence.
His scholarship has appeared in the Harvard Journal of Sports & Entertainment Law and the Duke Journal of Constitutional Law and Public Policy Sidebar, and has been cited in the Harvard Law Review and in an amicus curiae brief filed with the Supreme Court of the United States, among other places.
Prior to law school, Russell worked as a management consultant for several years.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Cornell University, B.S., 2005, Industrial and Labor Relations
Admissions & Qualifications : New York
- U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District – Hon. George B. Daniels
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit – Hon. Robin S. Rosenbaum
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, New York, Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District
Rate : $$$