Russell Nance’s practice covers a wide range of federal income tax related matters. As a partner in our New York office, he focuses primarily on structured finance transactions and financial products. In addition, he has extensive experience representing clients in public and private, taxable and nontaxable M&A transactions.
In particular, Russell has represented sponsors, managers, and underwriters in collateralized bond, loan, and debt obligation transactions and issuers and underwriters in various asset-backed and insurance related transactions, including mortgage-backed CP conduits; credit card, auto loan, and life insurance securitizations; full company securitizations; and catastrophe “sidecar” transactions.
He also frequently advises on the issuance of equity-linked notes, swap transactions, and other derivative instruments. Russell joined Mayer Brown in 2006 after previously practicing in New York with two major Wall Street law firms.
- Virginia Tech, BA, Political Science
- University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law, JD, magna cum laude
- New York University School of Law, LLM
Admissions : New York
- New York State Bar Association, Tax Section
- New York City Bar Association, Committee on Taxation of Business Entities
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$