Russell Q. Allison is a founding shareholder of Carr Allison and serves as the firm’s president. Resident in the Birmingham office, Russ advises and represents clients in a broad range of businesses with an emphasis on clients in the insurance industry.
Russ is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Alabama and before the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. Russ sits on the board of the EC Defense Network, which he co-founded in 2016, and is serving a two-year term as president.
He is a member of the American and Birmingham Bar Associations. He is also a member of the American Judicature Society, the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association and the Federation of Defense Corporate Counsel having previously served two terms as vice chair of the Reinsurance Excess and Surplus Lines Section.
Russ earned his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Alabama and his Juris Doctor from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University where he continues to serve on the Advisory Board.
He is also a member of the Leadership Board of the College of Arts & Sciences at the University of Alabama. Russ was selected to be a member of Cumberland School of Law’s Judge James Edwin Horton Inn of Court. Members of the Inn are all Cumberland graduates who are outstanding practitioners and judges.
- BA, University of Alabama
- JD, Cumberland School of Law at Samford University
- Birmingham Bar Association; Tort and Insurance Practice Section of Insurance Coverage Committee; Fee Arbitration Committee
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- The Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel; Vice Chairman of Reinsurance, Excess and Surplus Lines Section; 2012-2013 Committee-Section Appointments
Rate : $$$$