Ruth Levy is a health care attorney helping physician groups, hospitals and other health care providers prevent and address fraud and abuse claims. With regard to federal law issues, she counsels clients on health care fraud and abuse regulations with specific focus on the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute and the False Claims Act.
In the state-specific realm, Ruth litigates medicaid appeals and certificate of need issues, as well as other administrative disputes against state agencies in the Office of Administrative Hearings. She represents physicians, health clinics and other providers in front of regulatory agencies such as the Medical Board, the Nursing Board and The Joint Commission.
In addition to her role as a litigator, she also advises on various health care regulatory matters, including physician contracts, hospital medical staff issues and bylaws, health care privacy laws, licensure and other issues facing health care providers.
Ruth joined Williams Mullen from the boutique health care firm Heath Law Firm, PLLC. She earned her Juris Doctor degree from Campbell University School of Law after obtaining her bachelor’s degree in business finance from Fairleigh Dickinson University, where she played Division I volleyball as a full-scholarship athlete.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- North Carolina Society of Health Care Attorneys
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Edtior, Prognosis Newsletter – North Carolina Society of Health Care Attorneys
- Campbell University School of Law (J.D.)
- President, Legal Runarounds; Secretary, Christian Legal Society; Delta Theta Phi
- Fairleigh Dickinson University (B.S., Business Finance)
Rate : $$$