Ruth McCoy is a partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Insurance Law, Construction, General Liability, and Professional Liability Practices. Ms. McCoy has focused her practice in the area of insurance coverage and casualty litigation, including trial and appellate experience. She has vast experience in declaratory judgment and bad faith litigation throughout multiple federal district courts.
Ms. McCoy’s practice further includes experience in numerous types of coverages, including professional liability coverage for lawyers, accountants, architects and engineers, real-estate agents and brokers, public entities and officials, directors and officers, and other specialty lines. She also provides counsel to the firm’s clients in the context of excess and umbrella policies, as well as primary CGL coverage.
Ms. McCoy has vast experience in the direct defense of Insureds throughout the State of Illinois, including but not limited to general civil litigation, commercial litigation, securities litigation and construction litigation, encompassing claims related to both residential and commercial property claims.
- Chicago Kent-College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Juris Doctor, 1989
- University of Illinois-Champaign/Urbana, Bachelor of Arts, with honors, 1986
- State Bar Admissions
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Rate : $$$